Tuesday, June 30, 2015

It's the little things

My friend sent me a link to a blog he doesn't post on anymore, but one entry took me back a little. It was an entry I'd never seen before. That would be this one.

I should mention, this was a very hard time in my life where I was dealing with the existence of objective good and evil and slowly becoming the Catholic I am now. It is interesting to see where other people in my life were at that time in my life that was so intense, and how close we might have been without really realizing it.

It's funny that he thinks it's sad that he "had so much fun just goofing around" and not really doing anything, but that was probably one of the more important days in my life. It was one of the times I realized just how important friends and family really are to our life on God's green Earth in keeping us not only sane, but reminding us that we're all in this together.

Sometimes it really is the little things that remind you of the bigger ones.

I hope to be seeing "Inside Out" this Friday with him, and I hope we have as much fun there. Friends are people you can never really replace or do without and when you find one, do not take them for granted. They are there because you need them to be there, just as you are there because they need you to be.

Don't mind me, I'm just musin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment